Thursday, December 8, 2011

Corzine was "stunned" to discover the money was missing

Ex-U.S. Sen. Gov. Jon S. Corzine

According to the Boston Herald:

Corzine said he was "stunned" to learn that the firm could not locate hundreds of millions of dollars in client money in the days before the firm’s collapse, and said he had no idea where the money had gone.

Why is it I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes from Casablanca, one of my favorite movies? Captain Renault turns to Rick and says: "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here." Then one of the waiters comes up to the good Captain and hands him a wad of cash which was his winnings.

Wonder what former Senator Corzine got as his winnings.  My guess is that it is a bigger wad than Captain Renault's.

2 comments:

Nancy R. said...

Welcome to the neighborhood. Blog-sibling (we share a blogfather) Borepatch sent me over and I like what you've done with the place. Mind if I hang out for a bit?

2cents said...

Do not mind at all if you hang out. I guess I will buy the "blogfather" nomenclature since Borepatch is older than me. By two whole months! But for the record, I have taught him pretty much eveything he knows. At least all things of value...