Saturday, January 14, 2012

I know you have all been waiting, so I will now reveal who I am endorsing in the Republican primary



This OpEd piece by comedian Dean Obeidallah has finally tipped my mental balance in Stephen Colbert's favor.  He points out too many of Colbert's spot on positions for me to sit on sidelines any longer:

 -- Unemployment: "Suck it up, unemployed. It is your own damn fault that you don't have a job ... So stop scapegoating Wall Street." ***
-- Corporate taxes: "If we raise taxes on corporations, what incentive will they have to make money other than the fact that it's the sole reason they exist."***
-- Government helping Americans in need: "I believe in pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps. I believe it is possible. I saw this guy do it once in Cirque du Soleil. It was magical!"
-- Gays: "There is nothing wrong with being gay. I have plenty of friends who are going to hell." ***
-- America's role in world: "If our Founding Fathers wanted us to care about the rest of the world, they wouldn't have declared their independence from it." ***
-- Immigration: "This is America. I don't want my tomato picked by a Mexican. I want it picked by an American, then sliced by a Guatemalan, and served by a Venezuelan in a spa where a Chilean gives me a Brazilian."
And he advocates arresting illegal immigrants and throwing them in "jail -- then we can force them to pick our crops as prison labor."
-- Civil rights: "I just think Rosa Parks was overrated. Last time I checked, she got famous for breaking the law." ***

-- Muslims: "Every permit granted to a mosque is one denied to an American house of worship." Colbert is to the right of Newt Gingrich on this issue, and keep in mind Newt has compared Muslims to Nazis.

Plus the man has great hair.

No comments: