Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lobster

Growing up in Maine, I have seen (and eaten) my share of lobster.  I have seen (but for the record not eaten) blue lobster and orange lobster.  I even saw one once that was half red and half blue, split right down the middle.  However, I have never seen a calico lobster before.  Until now that is.  I am told that the blue and orange lobster occur at the rate of about 1,000,000 to 1.  A calico lobster occurs at about 30,000,000 to 1.  Wonder how they taste . . .

This photo provided by the New England Aquarium in Boston on Wednesday, May 9, 2012, shows a rare calico lobster that could be 1 in 30 million, according to experts. It was caught off Winterport and is being held at the New England Aquarium for the Biomes Marine Biology Center, a science center in Rhode Island.

No comments: